Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving!









So this year for Thanksgiving, we were very excited to have people come to our house! This is the first time I have really had the opportunity to host a family gathering, and I loved it. My parents, my grandma, my brother RH and wife Steph and their 4 kids, Jordan, Julia, Zac and Sabrina came, as well as my brother Rich, wife Tiff(7ish months preggo with little Luke) and their son Jack. With the 3 of us we had a total of 15 people staying at our house. It was super fun. Our house is kind of set of for stuff like this, so it was nice. On Thanksgiving Day our friends (and next door neighbors)Lindsay, Britton and Ray also joined us for dinner. And then later that night my Aunt Micette, cousin Mindy, cousin Toukine, husband Dan and their kids came to have dessert and hang out with us. There were a few rounds of Wii boxing when they were here which was fun.
I felt like I was in the kitchen about 70% of the time, but I didn't mind. Tiff and my mom helped a lot in that department. We also played a few games, including one where my mom ended up drawing an obscene picture...good times! (Anyone you knows her knows how hilarious that is!) We did some shopping, hit the new In N Out in Draper, and just had a good time together. I love being with my family. I really enjoyed seeing RH's family. I hadn't seen them since my wedding back in 2005, so it was really nice to see them and catch up a bit!
Rich, Tiff and Jack were sadly the first ones to leave. After they did the rest of us headed to Grandma's house in Brigham City for a night. But first we stopped off at Temple Square in Salt Lake City to look at the amazing lights! They were just as beautiful this year as ever! You wouldn't think there is anything that could be done to make a temple more beautiful, but then it becomes Christmas!! After the lights we headed to Tucanos, a Brazilian restaurant in Salt Lake(sadly minus Dad...and Grandma). It was delicious! Pretty sure I ended up eating a full pineapple!
I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving and was so happy that so many members of my family could make it. Maybe next year the rest of them can join us!!! I really miss my family and wished that we all lived closer! We are all spread out so much that it is so fun when a few of us can get together!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nothing better than old ladies playing the Wii! I'm glad it turned out so well, you are my hero having all those people over!